About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Tuesday 5 May 2020

a-England - Nevermore

This is okay to use, okay to apply and okay drying (4-5 minutes a coat). The formula is slightly thick, so application was slightly tricker on this compared to a normal a-England polish. It is a nice red with a very faint holo effect, which I found hard to capture! First photo is light studio with flash, second and third are outside in the sunshine, fourth is light studio with flash and last is with my phone! I did try to capture it, so you can just about make out the holo effect. Did notice tip wear. Wasn't too impressed with this one :-(

Rating
Easy to use = 7/10
Application = 6/10
Drying time = 7/10
Lasted well = 6/10
Coats = 2
Finish = faint holo
Removal = easy
Overall = 7/10
Purchased from = a-England official site

My Personal Rating = 6/10 just not that impressed with this one

36 comments:

  1. ¡¡Holiii!!
    I really like the red colors on the nails, but he never manages to make a design in this color that doesn't seem like Christmas.
    ¡¡Bsssos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These sort of reds are very Christmas like though! Thanks :-D

      Delete
  2. A-England take so long to dry but damn I love them. I don't normally like red shades but I love mustardseed a fairy which is super similar to this one. I do agree that the formulas can be hit and miss on them sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find they aren't too bad! Yeah they are so good. But this was just a let down! Thanks :-D

      Delete
  3. The end result is really lovely but formulas that are too thick (or too thin also) can be frustrating to deal with. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is just not great! I totally agree. Thanks Shannon :-D

      Delete
  4. It's a really nice colour, despite the trickiness of the polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6 rating, so I'm not impressed either!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Marisa, was a total let down formula wise :-(

      Delete
  6. Shame about the tip wear and the formula not being that great, because it is a very pretty shade of red and it looks just perfect on your nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah was a let down! It really is so nice though for sure! Thanks Ivana :-D

      Delete
  7. I love red shades on my nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still a very pretty shade, shame it didn't work too well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, bit of a bummer though. Oh well! :-D

      Delete