About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Friday 29 August 2014

OPI Skyfall



This is easy to use, easy to apply and quick drying (1-2 minutes a coat). It's quite a hard colour to capture. The last photo is in the sunlight and looks kinda maroon but the second photo is indoors and looks sorta browny. It did change between the maroon and the brown depending on the light. Unfortunately this was just brown looking too often for my liking. Swatched and worn for a few hours so don't know if it lasted well.

Rating
Easy to use = 8/10
Application = 8/10
Drying time = 8/10
Lasted well = N/A swatched
Coats = 2
Finish = creamy
Removal = easy on one hand, put glitter on the other
Overall = 7/10
Purchased from =eBay

My Personal Rating = 6.5/10 good quality just too brown for me!

28 comments:

  1. This shade is just perfect for autumn ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! And Autumn is already here in Scotland I think! :-O

      Delete
  2. I do like the colour. I won't show my face in the blog for the moment. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! Hehe that's fine, I understand :-)

      Delete
  3. I have a lot of insecurities, I don't know if I'm beautiful for my partners either. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh right *hugs*. These things take time and know where you are coming from :-) I'm sure you are :-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's nice when it looks red for sure :-)

      Delete
  5. dark red almost in the wine shade- I love it Ananka!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah wine is a good way to describe it! Thanks :-)

      Delete
  6. I know the 'too brown' feeling just too well. But it's very sexy :) Actually I like maroons from time to time. And mahoganys. All in all I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yeah :-| Sometimes maroons can be okay. :-)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous color for autumn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually like vampy reds a lot, but I have to agree with you, this one did not convinced me either, that was one of the reasons why I never bought it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it with the whole set. I probably wouldn't have bought it on its own! :-)

      Delete
  9. Its a fantastic color ! Many kisses! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful! And beautiful on you, too, but I totally understand-- reds that lean a little too brown tend to not last long on or with me, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like. Thanks! Yeah too brown is a no-no for me :-|

      Delete
  11. I really like the way it looks in the sun <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm not a fan of brown polish either... i actually don't think i own a single brown polish. glad i read your post on this polish... all the other swatches of it i've seen look more maroon so i was thinking of getting it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool - I know a lot of people like browns. I've got a few hehe :-O

      Yeah this one is great quality just too brown for us ;-)

      Delete