About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Saturday 9 August 2014

Ruby Wing Strawberry Shortcake

A few weeks ago I did a swap with Elanor at Elanor's Nails. I got this polish, a lovely home-made ring and a Zoya which I will feature soon. It is so exciting to do nail swaps I think :-D



And now for the magic, out in the sun........


Ruby Wing polishes change colour outdoors! How cool is that :-) This polish is also scented :-D

This is easy to use, easy to apply and okay drying (about 2-3 minutes for a coat). In my experience of using these Ruby Wing polishes, before the brush is good and they are easy to use. This one is scented and I could smell the strawberries whilst painting the nails!!! The colour is golden indoors and in the sun it changes to red! It took about a minute to fully change colour. Indoors again and it changed back to the golden - that took about 4 minutes roughly. The scent lasted well into the next day, but it was more subtle. I found it to be quite strong for the first 6 hours - so if you get headaches or don't like strong scents maybe avoid this one! Lasted really well.

Rating
Easy to use = n/a as not original bottle
Application = 8/10 formula wise
Drying time = 7/10
Lasted well = 8/10
Scent lasted well = 7/10
Smells like = strawberries
Coats = 2
Finish = glittery with colour changing madness
Removal = easy with the foil method
Overall = 8/10

My Personal Rating = 8/10 :-)

Thank you so much to Elanor for doing this swap with me :-D

32 comments:

  1. YAY! That looks lovely on you!

    I love wearing this one on my toes in the summer too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elanor! I really love it :-)

      Hehe cool - strawberry toes :-D

      Delete
  2. When i saw the initial photos I didn't understand the name - but wow, that's a fun polish - and an appropriate name :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yeah and then it made sense ;-) It really is a fun polish :-)

      Delete
  3. Great shades, I love the name. It sounds fancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know how cool is that to have 2 in 1! Yeah it does :-)

      Delete
  4. I got a leaflet with Ruby Wing, so I know these nail polishes (from leaflets) and that they change colours indoors and outdoors. This one is lovely and funny :) I prefer the red version, I think, but the golden one is interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are really cool! I do like the idea of having two colours in one! I like both the colours and the smell :-)

      Delete
    2. They cost 45 zloty a bottle so I haven't bought them so far; the same price is when it comes to Halo Hues and I preferred to buy them at first (Color Club and Ruby Wing are sold by the same seller here).

      Delete
    3. Wow that's still cheaper than what they sell for over here!! I remember getting mine (both HH and RW) cheaper from eBay in the US. Oh for sure, the HH are wonderful and should be top of your list ;-)

      Delete
  5. Wow...that's really cool. Colourchanging glitter.... . I'm impressed.

    Kind regards,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a fantastic colors so classy and chic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this one is gorgeous Ananka!!! I like both colors and the mix of different glitter sizes. It would be my guess that the Pigments mix better in glitter than it did in some of my creams. I had two more blueish/minty shades and I found the lighter, more pastel leaning color, the patchier it looked in the Sun-version. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine :-D Yeah both colours are lovely. I've tried a few of the creamy ones and they changed okay. I think with their formula though, they were a bit streaky (typical) so I used quite thick coats and they seemed to help! :-)

      Delete
  8. How cool! First I was like "yea, nice gold glitter polish" and I was like "wow" when I saw the color change. And then I read that it's also scented! So awesome, such a good swap and the rings also complimented extraordinary well. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is! A scented colour changer yah :-D I know I was really happy and love the ring too :-)

      Delete
  9. Wow, that's quite an impressive colour change! I don't think I've ever seen a glitter change colour before. I'm impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Hehe yeah it's a very talented little glitter ;-)

      Delete
  10. Amazing! I always wanted to try Ruby wings polishes! this one is totally awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really cool and you should try the Ruby Wing polishes - they are so good :-)

      Delete
  11. Awesome! I think I need it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yeah! You should totally get it :-)

      Delete
  12. I've heard of these solar changing polishes but I didn't get any because of the glitters (I'm not a glitter girl at all).
    It's intriguing, though, I'd like to have one, a creme or a shimmer maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever tried this brand and they do make some lovely colours - not all glitters. You should try one of them and see what you think :-)

      Delete
  13. I love both colors it is! I don't have any decent color changing polishes yet :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah both are really pretty :-) You should try these Ruby Wing polishes, they are really cool :-)

      Delete
  14. Aaah that is so cool and SO PRETTY!!! :)
    I have a sun changing nail polish and a cold/heat changing nail polish :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's really cool :-D

      Nice one, I've only ever tried this brand :-)

      Delete
  15. Swapping is really cool! I really want to try some polishes from this brand, maybe not the heavy glitter ones...I'm really curious about the scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun way to try something new and share with others! You really should try some of these - they are a good brand and have lots of different colours :-)

      Delete