About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Wednesday 26 February 2020

Orly - Cake Pop

This is hard to use, hard to apply and okay drying (3-4 minutes a coat). This is very sheer and very streaky. It shows all the imperfections on the nails - not a polish for ridges for sure! Pity as it is really nice. Now this is a mini bottle and wondering if the normal sized bottle with a bigger brush would have been better? It is a nice white pink and I only swatched this polish.

Rating
Easy to use = 4/10
Application = 4/10
Drying time = 7/10
Lasted well = n/a
Coats = 3
Finish = creamy and sheer
Removal = easy
Overall = 5/10
Purchased from = TK Maxx as a set

My Personal Rating = 6/10 - poor quality but nice enough!

32 comments:

  1. Me parece un color muy bonito para acompañar con tonos pasteles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice, yeah would work with pastels! Thanks :-D

      Delete
  2. Great review! Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog. I'm trying to relearn this format. I managed to publish all but one. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Sorry 😬 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have always used this format so used to it! Oh I didn't even noticed lol! :-D

      Delete
  3. Que cor mais bonita
    Beijinhos
    Novo post
    Tem post novos todos os dias

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame! The finished look is really beautiful but if it's hard to use and takes a long time to build up the colour, it just isn't usable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know :-( It is a nice one but really poor formula. Yeah doubt I'll have it on again!

      Delete
  5. Ojj nie lubię takich problematycznych lakierów, ale kolor piękny :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ¡¡¡¡What a beautiful color!!!
    I am a fan of these tones, because to make decorations they are perfect.
    You have a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I can imagine lots of nice designs! Thanks :-D

      Delete
  7. It's very sweet. I can see that others also had problems with the formula, also even though they have a full size bottle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a sweetie :-) Ahh good to know, so maybe not worth buying the larger bottle then!

      Delete
  8. OMG I am obsessing over this color - love it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a very nice colour! Thanks :-D

      Delete
  9. I like this color of nail polish. I love light shades ))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I can't be doing with small, thin brushes. It's one of my pet peeves about Zoya & China Glaze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tried a Zoya mini but the found the CG ones okay and normally the other mini Orlys have been okay - think it is the formula sadly!

      Delete