About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Friday 28 November 2014

Color Club Blue-topia



This is easy to use, easy to apply and okay drying (about 3-4 minutes a coat). It's a lovely deep inky blue colour, it's very rich. This brush is easy to use and the lid is comfortable to hold. I only swatched this and had it on for a maximum of 2 hours and had terrible staining. I first tried to remove it without the foil method - bad staining then with the foil method I also had bad staining too!!!! So no idea how long it lasted.

Rating
Easy to use = 8/10
Application = 8/10
Drying time = 7/10
Lasted well = N/A swatched only
Coats = 2
Finish = jelly-like
Removal = easy but messy and this stains both with and without the foil method
Overall = 7/10
Purchased from = I think it was TK Maxx in a set

My Personal Rating = 7/10 :-)

28 comments:

  1. It's a nice colour but too bad about the staining! I have that a lot with blue polishes, and when they get on my skin near my nails I just can't get the colour off for days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! I was so surprised, considering I only had it on for a short time!!! It didn't stain my skin too badly just the nails! Took a good few days to get clear of it! :-)

      Delete
  2. lovely shade, I am sorry about these stains especially that 'color club' is a very good branch.
    Have a nice evening Ananka :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I know I would have expected better! Oh well! :-)

      Thanks you too Fife :-)

      Delete
  3. Gosh, great nail polish, so unique! I love it! Wow. I'm going to haunt it:D
    We're twin stainers as I had a stainer today too. I read that it's useful to remove stains with a toothbrush and a toothpaste, it doesn't have to be whitening. It worked! Not totally but much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pretty yeah! Hehe cool, I think you'd really suit it :-D

      Oh I will need to read about that ;-)

      Delete
    2. You think it would suit? Correct :D I love such ink shades :) a bit afraid of staining :D

      Delete
    3. Lol yeah - but you paint everyday so you would be fine ;-)

      Yeah I think it would suit you :-) You look good in all blues :-D

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous color! I love dark, dramatic, inky crellies. They're so worth the extra dry time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yeah it's nice and mysterious ;-) Lol yeah :-)

      Delete
  5. love the color. unique shade! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. That seems to be the curse of dark blue polishes. Remember my dark blue freckles....

    Kind regards,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also often see staining from medium blue polishes, not so often from the darker ones - weird.
    It's a bit too dark for me, at least if I were to wear it on it's own, but it is a beautiful blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the downfalls of loving blue! ;-) It is really nice :-)

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous and so intense, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I have this one, but I have never worn it, because polishes as dark as this one tend to look black on me and I'm not a fan of that. Perhaps I'll find it and try it for stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind black polishes so much and this does have that look about it! You should :-)

      Delete
  10. I love it despite the staining <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a fantastic color! Kisses dear, have a good evening! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you like it. It is so intense! Thanks dear, you too :-)

      Delete
  12. Wow , ink blue polishes are so appealing to me and this one is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is really pretty but a bit annoying due to the staining :-(

      Delete
  13. i love those discounted cc sets i always buy them whenever i see them! too bad about the staining with this one :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - they are a real bargain for sure :-D Yeah :-(

      Delete