About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Saturday 15 November 2014

Revlon Fresh Linen



This is okay to use and awkward to apply. The polish is really thin and streaky. It is okay drying wise (3-4 minutes a coat). This requires 4 coats to get a decent finish!!!! It's scented and not too overpowering. It smells like fabric conditioner - just a general non-bio one. I did noticed with this one that the lid was hard to hold and use with my long nails, this is something I hadn't noticed when my nails were shorter. Lasted really well and the scent was still there the next day too.

Rating
Easy to use = 6/10
Application = 5/10
Drying time = 7/10
Lasted well = 8/10
Scent lasted well = 7/10
Smells like = fabric conditioner
Coats = 4
Finish = pearl-like
Removal = easy
Overall = 6/10
Purchased from = Poundworld but retails for over £6

My Personal Rating = 7/10 :-)

30 comments:

  1. looks awesome! I have some from this collection and I like them very much.
    Have a nice evening Ananka :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to look at - just the 4 coats :-| Me too - been impressed so far :-)

      Thanks I did :-)

      Delete
  2. It is so beautiful. But the opacity scares a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it - but 4 coats is a bit too much, and I had hoped the scent would be like fresh air dried linen (I love that) - not fabric conditioner LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!!!! Too many LOL! I know, I did wonder how it would smell but it is fab con for sure! :-)

      Delete
  4. Very subtle and pretty looking. At least you didn't have a 5 coater, do you remember? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is! That's what I like about it! Lol I recall you posted one lately? :-)

      Delete
  5. White linen sounds nice and promising, but the scent you described, doesn't. But you just reminded me, I still wanted to post my Revlon Autumn Spice ;o)

    Kind regards,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the scented - maybe not to everyones liking! Oh yeah I quite fancy trying that one too - I'm sure I bought it too :-)

      Delete
  6. Four coats... four coats is a little too much for me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! But I think it was worth it in the end :-)

      Delete
  7. Love this shade so much! Many kisses! Have a great week!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, glad you like it! :-D You too :-)

      Delete
  8. 4 coats??? but it looks nice, interesting shade :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, yup for a decent finish! It is - worth it I'd say :-)

      Delete
  9. It's a pretty little color but four coats is one too many for something that's not a duochrome, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I know what you mean! It is nice enough though :-)

      Delete
  10. "вкусный" сливочный оттенок, очень понравился :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yeah I know what you mean - does look tasty ;-)

      Delete
  11. i really love this series, love how the polishes smell after words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a good series and so glad I picked them up! Need to try more :-)

      Delete
  12. It looks so nice, a fresh simple color.
    And ha ha I hate streaks, it happens with some of my white nail polishes and I end up coating it more than twice, which is a little too much for me :)

    MJ // www.littlepandacrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really pretty!

      Haha yeah streaks are so annoying! Thicker coats usually work for colours like that! :-)

      Delete
  13. I've found the cap so uncomfortable to handle!
    But I'm quite happy with the formula in the one I own.
    Pity for the quality in this! It's an elegant colour, once opaque :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I found the cap easy to use with shorter nails! Not long nails though!

      Yeah it was annoying but I do like the polish :-)

      Delete
  14. i love off white polishes but ya its hard to find one that isn't streaky :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've always had that issue trying to find a decent one. This one doesn't look too bad tho! :-)

      Delete