About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Ciate Baby Doll

Welcome once again to the Ciate Dolls House nightmare! ;-)



This is hard to use, hard to apply and mega, mega quick drying (less than a minute for a thick coat). It is so hard to apply and achieve an even finish with the polish. I had tried the technique suggested by Polished Marvels - where I applied a coat then put a top coat on and applied another coat. This sadly didn't work for me :-( The best application technique I've found for a half decent finish is one very thick coat with one or two brush strokes. It's quite a nice peachy pink colour and it did last well!

Rating
Easy to use = 3/10
Application = 3/10
Drying time = 9/10
Lasted well = 8/10
Coats = 2  thick
Finish = Ciate describe it as a "porcelain" finish
Removal = easy
Overall = 4/10
Purchased from = TK Maxx

My Personal Rating = 6/10 

16 comments:

  1. Shame that it's so bad to use, cause the colour goes really well with matte finish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I would have thought better of Ciate as well! It does and I looks good :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh my... it doesn't look like porcelain in my opinion, but it's a nice shade I'd try with pleasure and looks good in matte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It more matte like! It's nice just shame about the formula! :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm so pleased I'm not the only one having problem with this collection :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh noooo so sorry my tip did not work for you :-( - I have to admit, I declared defeat over this collection and suspended swatching. What a pity because the idea would have been great and this color is utterly cute and really flattering on you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey at least I put it to the test. Not to worry, it might come in handy for another tricky polish! I'm determined to finish the set lol! Thanks, it is cute :-)

      Delete
  5. Ugh it sucks that you had so much trouble with application and formula. Too bad because the color looks very pretty.

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! When I go shopping I will surely get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! Hehe you should give it a try :-)

      Delete
  7. It's pretty, but annoying that the formula is so difficult to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the color is cute too bad about the formula :( I only have one ciate polish - pepperminty and although its darker I kind of had issues with it applying nicely also. I never thought to topcoat each layer in between maybe I will give that a try with my more problematic pastel polishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that seems the way of it. Great colour poor formula! I must try that technique with other polishes I'm sure it'll come in handy some day!

      I've got Pepperminty and thought it was pretty good :-)

      Delete