About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Monday 1 December 2014

Day 1 - Ciate Headliner



When I opened the first door - I was slightly let down as I've had this polish before. But when I put it on, it was nothing like the last time I used Headliner: Ciate Headliner

This is hard to use, hard to apply and the formula is really thick. It really isn't easy to work with. It is also really slow drying (5-6 minutes a coat). So this looks slightly different from the first time I posted it - this version is matte. The brush is good on the mini bottle and the lid is comfortable to hold. Despite the problems, I quite like the colour! Lasted well.

Rating
Easy to use = 5/10
Application = 5/10
Drying time = 6.5/10
Lasted well = 8/10
Coats = 2
Finish = matte/rubber
Removal = easy
Overall = 6/10
Purchased from = Selfridges

My Personal Rating = 7/10 :-)

24 comments:

  1. beautiful shade, very delicate but so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a great colour, and I like the little line inside: Happy girls are the prettiest. True that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Hehe yeah I've always liked reading these little bits. It is very true :-)

      Delete
  3. it is really lovely, and bit different then previous from 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so different from the last one! I was glad of this though :-)

      Delete
  4. I think I prefer this one compared to the glossy one - no complaints for the glossy one though! - I have something similar from Flormar - Matte. These Ciates sometimes are difficult to apply!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like both, this one the formula was annoying though. Some of them are but on the most part they are okay. This isn't quite the Ciate Nightmare category though ;-)

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful polish. I love the combination of colour and finish.

    Kind regards,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elena, yeah the colour and finish are nice :-)

      Delete
  6. That is so weird that it's so different from the first you tried...
    I mean the finish alone...
    I have a thing with mini bottles, I love to look at them, but I hate polishing my nails with them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I noticed that the PP number was different too!! I quite like this finish though.

      Sometimes mini bottles annoy me and other times I get on okay with them. I guess it depends on the brand. Most of these are okay along with most of the OPIs. :-)

      Delete
  7. not in your eyes blue, but very lovely shade :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vrry nice shade, it looks really nice on you. Sad that the application was a bit so and so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice! Thanks Gelic, glad you thinks so. Yeah that's the only down side! :-)

      Delete
  9. Bad application, but looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was :-( It does, in the end! :-)

      Delete
  10. lovely color! sorry to hear it was hard to work with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah total nightmare :-( But yeah a nice one nonetheless ;-)

      Delete