About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Thursday 18 December 2014

Day 18 - Ciate Tinsel Trail



I put this over Avon Warm Black.

This is okay to use and okay to apply. I sprinkled it over a wet nail and tapped the excess off. In retrospect, I could have applied it a little bit better than that. I just thought that would be easy and I had been applying the glitters like this! It is a nice mixture of sequins - blue and holographic. In the photos is looks too crowded and too many sequins on the nail. I put a top coat on and they did last well, but I didn't manage to photograph this - it looked okay.

Rating
Easy to use = 7/10
Application = okay I sprinkled them over a wet nail
Drying time = as long as the base
Lasted well = 8/10 with top coat
Coats = sprinkle over
Finish = holo and coloured sequins
Removal = easy with foil method, let soak for a few minutes
Overall = 7/10
Purchased from = Selfridges

My Personal Rating = 7/10 :-)

24 comments:

  1. It's like a blue disco ball on your nails!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does have that disco ball effect - but I think it would be too uneven for me to use - even with top coats...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does! I know, I wish I had thought it out a little better.....! :-)

      Delete
  3. They look nice. I have Models Own topper with glitters shaped like this and some without a nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do - with better skills I think it would have looked stunning!!! :-)

      Delete
  4. What a lovley sparkle. I like those glequins.

    Kind regards,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful look! That is some sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, glad you like it. It really is :-D

      Delete
  6. Nice, this diamond shape is really nice, lots of nail art possibilities :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yeah - if only I had the imagination ;-)

      Delete
  7. Wow, that really does look like Tinsel. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need it! Perfect rhombuses for glitter placement manis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yeah! They really are - wish I had thought of a better design though... :-)

      Delete
  9. i like the colors and diamond shapes! i haven't tried to sprinkle on diamond glitters before... i'm usually too picky and stick them on individually but it takes me forever haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking back, I could have done better - maybe I was just too lazy ;-)

      Delete